Ria Cusimano- meet the faces behind CPP Group UK
Meet Ria Cusimano our senior marketing manager
In this latest series, we’re getting to know the faces behind the CPP Group UK team and how life has changed for them since working from home.
Ria, our senior marketing manager has been with the company nearly two years.
Ria is here to make sure our prospective and existing business partners are able to have a competitive edge, create sticky customers and drive ancillary revenue.
1. What would a normal day in the office look like for you?
I normally start at 8:30 with catching up on emails. Most days involve a few meetings with the UKNB and Group teams, and copious amounts of coffee.
2. Where have you set up as your working from home space?
I’m not typically one for working from home as I generally prefer being in the thick of it. I’m currently set up in the kitchen, which is dangerous for snacking. I’ve recently switched position so i’m not facing the cupboards!
3. What do you wear to work from home – have you been tempted to stay in your PJs?
Absolutely not! I wouldn’t say I’m making a huge effort with my attire but getting dressed is a must!
4. Do you have background noise on whilst you work? If so, what do you like to listen to?
Unless I have calls, there’s constant music on. My number one choice is Absolute Radio. Africa by Toto is guaranteed to have me singing along.
5. What have you been watching and reading to get you through quarantine?
I love Game Of Thrones – I binged on the TV programme without ever having read the books. I bought the book series in bulk and I’m currently on book three! Also as many pub quizzes as I can fit in, especially as there’s a local bar near me that is home-delivering beer.
6. Do you have a favourite working-from-home snack or meal?
I’m a keen baker so eating a LOT more cake than I normally would (flour supplies pending). Pip and Nut peanut butter is my saviour, especially on banana bread.
7. Have you taken up any new hobbies or habits whilst at home?
They’re not new, but I’ve got a lot more time for my garden. I’ve actually turned my spare bedroom into a nursery where I water my seedlings twice a day. I can’t wait for May so I can transfer them out into the garden. It’s going to be very colourful this year!
8. What are you finding the hardest about isolating?
Definitely being away from family and friends. No family is local to us, so we can’t even wave at them from outside. Zoom can only satisfy for so long! The lack of normal routines too. I’m missing the gym, bars and restaurants.
9. Do you have any tips for other people working from home?
CPP is pretty good at keeping everyone up to date. We have a weekly dial in from our CEO as well as a team catch up every other day. I say switch from emails to video calls if you can too, it’s nice to see people and check in with everyone.
10. What’s the first thing you will do when things return to “normal”?
I think the transition into normality will take quite some time. The first thing I want to eat is from a local café on Moortown corner café… Their shakshuska is unreal. I’m also looking forward to getting back into the city centre and seeing the familiar faces and enjoying the buzz of town again.