Total Loss Protection
Serviced by CPP Secure
Total Loss Protection is designed to help bridge the gap between what you paid for a vehicle and the insurance payout received if it is written off.
There may be outstanding finance bills to settle for the vehicle which may not be covered by the main insurer’s payout, and depreciation in value means the policyholder frequently will not get back what they paid for their vehicle.
Total Loss Protection offers a simpler solution to traditional GAP products.
The average car depreciation will fall the hardest in the first year of ownership.
Generally it will be around 15-35% in the first 12 months*1
- Year 1: 15-35% depreciation. 65-85% of original value.
- Year 3: 40-60% depreciation. 40-65% of original value.
- Year 5: 60-70% depreciation. 30-40% of original value.
- Year 8-10: 80% depreciation. 20% of original value.
What is covered?
- In the event that the vehicle is written off we will pay the policyholder an additional 25% of whatever the motor insurer’s settlement amount is, up to a maximum of £10,000 or whichever is the lesser.
- 12 or 6 month policies are available – lower rating for simpler cross sales.
- Protection for cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles is available.
- Fixed Sum GAP provides: set amounts of £1,000, £2,000 or £3,000 should the vehicle be written off
What is not covered?
- Vehicles other than main insured vehicle
- Any claim where there is the option to receive a replacement vehicle
- Any claim where the loss is covered by any other insurance
- Please see IPID for full exclusions.
As an insurance broker, why should you offer ancillary insurance?
Ancillary insurance products allow you to provide flexible and tailored solutions to meet your client’s needs, and ensure they receive the best value from instructing your services. Being able to create bespoke packages that include ancillary insurance, will allow you to diversify your offering and help you set your services apart from those that are offering generic solutions.
Many of your customers who purchase expensive items will need to feel that peace of mind and financial security is being provided, and as an insurance broker, you are ideally positioned to meet those customers’ needs.
Ancillary insurance products from CPP Secure have been designed to complement and be distributed alongside other products – we are ready and waiting to help you add value to your services.
Peace of mind
Policy administration & claims handling
Customer selects cover type and benefit
All premiums are offered on a 12 month policy cycle
Policy sold through clients infrastructure or an ecommerce website
Policies are fulfilled by the broker system, and bordereaux are submitted as pre-agreed
A full claims handling facility is provided for all our products and services.
Some of our broker partners that work with us
For a comprehensive list of all that is included or excluded in our policy, please contact us using the details above.
This policy is arranged and administered by CPP Secure. CPP Secure Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), authorisation number 790304. CPP Secure Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 10257192 and has its registered office at 6 East Parade, Leeds LS1 2AD.